KAIBOSH takes your data protection seriously, and our aim is to be open and transparent in our use of your personal information.
This policy explains how we store and use your personal data.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
KAIBOSH AS, org. no. 918 322 698, Nikolaikirkeallmenningen 1F, 5003 Bergen, Norway is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
Where do we store your data?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA or EU. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
For transfers outside the EEA or EU, KAIBOSH will use Standard Contractual Clauses and Privacy Shields as safeguards for countries not covered by the European Commission´s jurisdiction.
Who can access your data?
Your data may be shared within the KAIBOSH group of companies or to third parties who carry out work on our behalf- for example IT services, customer service, statistical analysis etc.
We do not pass on, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside the KAIBOSH group.
Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with our services.
What is the legal ground for processing?
For every specific processing of personal data we collect from you we will inform you whether the provision of personal data is statutory or required to enter a contract and whether it is an obligation to provide the personal data and possible consequences if you choose not to.
What are your rights?
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact KAIBOSH and we will provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
Right to portability:
Whenever KAIBOSH processes your personal data by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if it is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
If you have a KAIBOSH account, you can edit your personal data under your account and membership pages.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by KAIBOSH at any time except for the following situations
• you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
• you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
• you have an unsettled debt with KAIBOSH, regardless of the payment method
• if you are suspected to have, or have misused our services within the last four years
• if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction in line with accounting rules and regulations
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on KAIBOSH´s legitimate interest. KAIBOSH will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate a legitimate ground for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Your right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
• following the instructions in marketing e-mails
• by editing the settings of your KAIBOSH account
Right to restriction:
You have the right to request that KAIBOSH restricts the processing of your personal data under the following circumstances:
• if you object to a processing based on KAIBOSH´s legitimate interest, KAIBOSH shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest
• if you claim that your personal data is incorrect, KAIBOSH must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data
• if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead
How can you exercise your rights?
Contact our customer service personnel at hello@KAIBOSH.com.
Updates to our Privacy Notice:
We may need to update our Privacy Notice. The latest version of the Privacy Notice is always available on our website. We will communicate any material changes to the Privacy Notice, for example the purpose of why we use your personal data, or your rights.